Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 4: Green Nails


Another 31-day challenge.  There are so many amazing people participating that I feel kind of like the weird stepbrother that got dragged to the party because his sister had to babysit him.  I'm just beginning with my skills and frankly I have a long way to go, but these girls are definitely an inspiration to me!



I used Zoya Yara and Sinful Colors All About You




Base: Essie All in One
2 coats: Zoya Yara
Art: Dab technique with Sinful Colors All About You
Topcoat: Seche Vite (1) coat quick dry

Notes:  This is my first time using Zoya, and I enjoyed this polish a great deal.  I found it on clearance at Ulta, and I thought, why not?  I'll definately be picking up more of these.  Yara has a beautiful gold shimmer to it that I think you can see in the first picture of the bottle.  I thought that the beautiful gold glitter from Sinful Colors would make an excellent top-down effect.  This is my remedial attempt at nail art - woowoo!

Sidenote - I have no professional equipment at all to even attempt some of these neat stamping and delicate brushwork that I see on a lot of other blogs, so I'm going to the beauty supply store tonight to grab some!  Money is tight, but guuuurl I've been wanting these things forever.  yay stamps!

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. I just started so I feel like my manis are lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! There are so many talented people out there doing awesome things. As long as we're having fun, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete