Wednesday, September 5, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 6 - Violet Nails

"You're turning violet, Violet!"

For the violet challenge, I wanted to use my new (untried) Orly Fowl Play in some sort of stamping art; however, when I applied it, I discovered that I loved it on its own!  It looks so much better on the nail than in the bottle (I almost didn't buy it, actually, but I digress).  This polish has copper and blue shimmers inside the plum pigment.  It went on a little thin and is a bit of a polish eater, but I think this is a dynamite polish!  2 coats here with 2 coats Seche Vite.

Isn't it beautiful!?

After wearing this all day, I decide at the last minute that purple and nude look really fantastic together, so why not try a tape off technique?  Well, in concept, yes absolutely!  Great idea.  Buuut, I have a thing or two to learn about neatness, fo sho.  Below is 2 coats Essie Sand Tropez for the nude base and Maybelline Ice Queen for the purple. Seche Vite topcoat.


Ah, the one good nail out of 10


Intentionally blurry so you can't see how horribly messy it is

Sidenote - Am I the only one that thinks of this guy when you say Orly???


Here are the other ladies (or men? Do I know for sure there are no men?) participating in the challenge.  They are awesome!

6 comments:

  1. I have Fowl Play and really like it!

    btw, I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I appreciate it! I have no idea what I'm doing, so it'll be fun to watch haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I think of that guy, too! And I love your combination of nude and purple, especially with the polka dot accent on your pinky! I think we have to remind ourselves that no one is going to look as closely at our nails as we do :D Also, great name you have there, I have the same one :) May is just a nickname I've had for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't encounter many other Marjorie's, unless they are 96 years old! It's always good to meet another :)

      Delete
    2. Haha, you're right, the one person that even knew the name said they'd thought it died out about 80 years ago :D Yay for unique names!

      Delete