Friday, September 7, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 8 - Metallic Nails

Black Gold! Texas T!

Day 8 means metallic nails.  I couldn't think of what to do, until I spotted scrapbooking scissors that I use to create borders for pictures.  I cut either side of a strip of tape to create a wave strip.  Then I placed it on each nail at different wave crests on Essie Licorice and topped over tape with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Golden-I.  If I were to do this again, I would try to be more uniform, but I wanted to experiment!   It kind of looks like the magnetic polish patterns, doesn't it?





Some day I will learn to paint the left side of my nail *sigh*


If I get a little better at these, I think they might make a good tutorial.  What do you guys think?


3 comments:

  1. I have trouble remembering to paint the left side of the nail on my left hand and the right side of the nail on my right hand, too! It's just... not in sight from my usual painting perspective. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with the left side of my nails on my left hand! The right hand is fine, probably because I think I'm gonna mess up with my non-dominant hand, so I pay extra attention :D
    I need to get myself some of those scissors, your mani looks so cool! Much better than magnetic polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

    ReplyDelete