Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 5: 31 Day Challenge - Blue Nails

Day 5 challenge for the 31-day challenge is blue nails, my personal favorite color for nails!  I wanted to use OPI Road House Blues with a little something extra.  I went by the beauty supply store and saw these little balls and immediately thought of Sammy at Nailasaurus and her lovely fashion nails.  This is my poor first attempt at the look and my first real attempt at placing anything on my nail other than polish.






Notes: This is my favorite blue, possibly second only to China Glaze For Audrey.  I love the intense pigmentation of the polish.  I love how it looks black in some light and a beautiful navy in other light.  I love how it looks with gold (couldn't find gold studs, I'll keep looking!)  This actually could have probably been a one coater, but here I used 2 with Seche Vite topcoat.

I'm kind of proud of myself.  I mean, this isn't fancy by other people's standards, but for me, this is CRAY-CRAY.  And my cuticles are looking semi-decent.  Just gotta stop biting them!


So far I'm keeping up with the challenge.  I love seeing people of all skill levels participating, even those of us just trying to figure out our cameras and how not to have chubby looking fingers in our shots! Wait that's just me.



No comments:

Post a Comment